Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12

Decoder Girl

License plates are trying to tell me something.
Not the cute ones: EyeDoc or JensCar. Those don't even have a role
to play in the great unfolding.

But the random ones are fragments of a predetermined message.
One day, traffic will line up perfectly--from Key West to Nome--
Total gridlock.

We all stop and watch as it starts to make sense.
Even the unintelligible signs
that number bridges will fall into place.

Don't mind me if I seem to be driving in circles
until then. If I don't run out of gas, I'll be there
when the letters add up.

3 comments:

  1. That would be something! Would love to see something meaningful come out of all those darn numbers and letters. Well done...love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Images everyone knows in a new way. I like this quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked this - especially liked "I'll be there
    when the letters add up" and "License plates are trying to tell me something" - lovely ways to start and end!

    ReplyDelete